Suggestions & Complaints


If you feel you have a complaint against the Practice then please read the information below, or alternatively, this same information is available in leaflet form from the receptionist.

pen12How to Complain
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, at the time they arise and with the person concerned.  For example, if your complaint is of a clinical nature, we advise that you make an appointment to see the Doctor in question to try and resolve the issue.  Or, if you prefer to discuss with another Doctor in the Practice then ask the receptionist to make you an appointment to see them. 

If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a written complaint, we would like you to let us know as soon as possible  -  ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks  -  this will enable us to establish what has happened more easily.  If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident happening or of you becoming aware of the problem. 

Written complaints should be addressed to Mrs J Peacock, Practice Manager or any of the Doctors.  It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.  Alternatively you can make your complaint to NHS England, by visiting their website:  

You can also contact the East Riding of Yorkshire NHS Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ica) who can give you further information regarding the NHS Complaints Procedure and assist in letter writing.  Their contact number is 0808 802 300.

What we shall do?
We shall acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days and agree with you how the complaint will be handled and the likely period for the completion of the investigation and response to you. 

When we look into your complaint, we shall aim to: 

  • Investigate the complaint appropriately in an efficient and timely manner
  • Keep you informed of progress, as far as is reasonably practicable 
  • Find out what happened and what went wrong
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like to do this
  • Make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem does not happen again
  • Upon completion of the investigation, forward a written

If you are dissatisfied with the response to your complaint you can ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review the matter:

  • By visiting:
  • Calling the complaints helpline 0345 0154033 Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm

Complain on behalf of someone else
Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality.  If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so.  A note signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this. 

Our aim is to give you the highest possible standard of service and we try to deal sympathetically with any problems that may occur.  

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website